If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (989) 775-5065

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Is Your Fireplace Clean

1/31/2022 (Permalink)

Chimney Fire This was caused by a Chimney Fire

How often do you have your fireplace cleaned? Do you have it cleaned by a professional or do you do it yourself? 

However you have it cleaned you want to make sure its done properly and done often. Having a nice warm fire in your home or cabin can be nice to come back too, but if it is not properly maintained, it can lead to a disaster. Creosote can build in your chimney and lead to a fire that can  get out of control very quick. The damage in limited to just your chimney and fireplace. If it grows to quick it can quickly burn your walls and roof, soot will spread throughout your house and if the fire department is called out, they can quickly soak your house leading to a water damage as well. 

If this unfortunate loss should happen to you, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Mt Pleasant, Clare and Houghton Lake, 989-775-5065.  

Other News

View Recent Posts